- Added an option so merchants can select whether or not they want to receive emails when there are new signups
- Changed the signup notification email subject from "New Subscription Signup for <site name> (via Chargify)" to "[Signup] <merchant name> - <site name>" (please update your filters, if you're so inclined)
- Added rate limit information to the API response headers
Choose whether or not you want to receive emails when your customer signs up
Before, this wasn't an option and you got the signup email no matter what. We've made this an option so if you're importing a bunch of customers, for example, you won't get an email for every one.
This option has been defaulted to "On" for all existing sites, but will default to "Off" for new sites.
We also refreshed the look and information in this template a bit, and updated the subject.
Rate limit information
We're preparing to release our formal API rate limiting program, and the first step is to let you know just how many requests you're making. We've added some new headers to the response to API requests to help with this:
- X-RateLimit-Limit: your daily limit
- X-RateLimit-Remaining: your daily remaining allotment
- X-RateLimit-Reset: a timestamp representing when your daily allotment resets (as an integer representing seconds since epoch)
We won't be blocking requests just because you get to 0 remaining (yet). And, we don't plan to ever block important requests like subscription signups. More details will be shared in the coming weeks!