Enabling / Disabling the Billing Portal
The Billing Portal must be enabled before your subscribers can begin to interact with it. Here’s how to enable the billing portal for your site:
With automatic email invitations enabled, we will send an email invitation to your new subscribers. This email will contain a link that will give the subscriber automatic access to manage the subscription. Otherwise, you will need to invite your subscribers from the Subscriptions tab of Chargify.
- Allow Plan Changes: Allow or disallow a subscriber to change their plans. You can choose the way the products available for the customer to choose from will be sorted in the view.
- Allow Immediate Cancellations: Allow or disallow a subscriber to cancel their subscriptions immediately.
- Allow Delayed Cancellations (at end of period): Allow or disallow a subscriber to cancel their subscriptions.
- Allow Card Updates: Allow or disallow a subscriber to update their credit cards
- Allow Profile Updates: Allow or disallow your a subscriber to update their customer profile information, such as name and email address.
- Allow Component Changes: Allow or disallow a subscriber to change their components, quantity and on/off.
- Remove Chargify Logo: Enabling this checkbox removes the Chargify logo from the billing portal for white-labelling purposes.
- Allow Password Logins: If password logins are turned off, a customer can use the login screen to easily request a Login Link using their email address on file.
- For more information on password logins, please see our full blog post.
- Display Churn Reason Codes: Enabling this will display churn reason codes to the subscriber upon cancellation if they’ve been defined.
- Allow Putting Subscriptions On Hold: If enabled, this will allow customers to put their subscriptions on hold, either indefinitely, or, if ‘Allow Resuming Subscriptions’ is also enabled, it will allow them to specify a date and time to automatically resume.
- Allow Resuming Subscriptions: If enabled, this will allow customers to manually resume their subscriptions, or to select a date to automatically resume when putting their subscription on hold.
- Allow Applying Coupons: If enabled, this will allow customers to add coupons to their subscriptions.
- Display Referral Codes: If enabled, this will allow customers to see their subscription’s referral codes.
Sort Products for Plan Changes
We offer the ability to sort how products appear within the Billing Portal when a subscriber goes to change their product. This can help make it easier for a customer to find the product they are looking for; it can also let you prioritize newer or more expensive plans over older/cheaper plans.
Product Change Strategy
This determines how product changes by your customers are handled. Choose from 3 options:
- Instantly with proration
- Instantly without proration
- Delayed till their next renewal date
Usage-Based Components: Such as Metered or Event-Based Billing will be charged when the product change is set to occur. Once the subscription is on the new product the usage counts will reset to zero.
Quantity-Based Components: Such as Quantity-based, Prepaid Usage, and On/Off can be prorated down to the second if "Instantly with Proration" is selected. If "Instantly without proration" is selected the full amount of the components will be charged immediately.
For more information, please see our article on upgrades and downgrades.
When a customer visits their unique Billing Portal link, they will be presented with a screen to enter their email. They will then get an email sent to them with a unique URL to allow them to access their Billing Portal.
When a customer visits their management URL, they are automatically logged into the Billing Portal–no additional verification is performed.
Enter the name you wish to display on the billing portal. This is useful to use if you do not have a logo.
This text shows on the main page of the Billing Portal. It should contain your contact information and anything else you want to tell your billing portal users. This field supports the markdown syntax and URLs and email addresses are automatically converted to clickable links.
Invitation Email Content
If automatic email invitations enabled, we will send this invitation email to your new subscribers. Like other emails, the invitation email is fully customizable. Simply click “Edit Template”. Please see the list of possible Liquid variables for emails.
This logo will be shown at the top of your billing portal instance. If a logo is not uploaded, your business name will be shown instead.