Access Dashboards to view and manage your dashboards and to download Out-of-the-Box Dashboards. All dashboards can be edited, cloned and shared.
Adding Out of the Box Dashboards
The persona focused dashboards below can be accessed and added to your list of Dashboards. They are based on the out-of-the-box metrics, and will allow you to track data that is important to each of the different personas. Like with other dashboards, these can be cloned and adapted to your specific needs. When adding an out-of-the-box dashboard, any associated out-of-the-box metrics that you have not yet added will also be added to your list of Saved Metrics.
- Executive - This dashboard focuses on key business metrics like MRR and ARR Growth, Conversions, and Average Revenue Per User.
- Finance - In addition to MRR Metrics the Finance dashboard also includes Dunning and SaaS Metrics tailored for your finance users.
- Accounting - The Accounting dashboard focuses on Invoicing and Dunning as well as including key MRR Metrics.
- Operations - Conversions, Dunning and MRR Growth are metrics that all operations teams need to track.
- Sales - Conversions, Payments, Dunning, and Saas Metrics make up the key metrics on the Sales dashboard.
- Customer Success - This is the most comprehensive dashboard with metrics across all data sources. It gives your customer success team all the metrics they need to track.
- Marketing - The Marketing dashboard focuses on install base growth and conversions.
Creating a New Dashboard
Dashboards can also be created from scratch. To create a new dashboard simply select the ‘New Dashboard’ button in the Dashboards tab.
Editing a Saved Dashboard
When a new dashboard has been added, or when editing an existing or cloned dashboard, you will get this view with the following options along the top left:
- Chart - Adding a Chart lets you select one of your Saved Metrics and display it on your dashboard. The chart will be added at the bottom of your dashboard if selected. . Once added to the dashboard, each chart size and location can be changed.
- Text Box - Clicking on this will add a Text Box at the bottom of your dashboard, or it can be dragged to the desired position from the menu bar. Its size and location can be changed, text can be edited and formatted.
- Image - Adding an Image.
- Filter - A Data Source specific filter can be added to your dashboard and will apply to all selected charts based on the same data source.
- Date Range - Adding a Data Source specific data filter will allow users to filter selected charts based on the same data source.
- Naming the Dashboard and adding Tags.
- Sharing Dashboards - Making a dashboard public and sharing it will mean that anyone accessing it will be able to view the data and filter it via any added Filters or Date Pickers. The data is read only. We recommend sharing public dashboards using the code snippet on web pages that have to be accessed with login credentials.
- Finish Edition - to exit edit mode and go back to your dashboard list.
Editing, Deleting, Cloning, a Dashboard Item
Hovering over your Dashboard charts or text boxes, images, filters, and date pickers, will enable the editing, deleting and cloning options.
Hover over the Chart you want to edit and click Edit Chart.
When editing a chart on your dashboards you will be able to:
- edit and save the Connected Metric,
- change the visualization type,
- add Titles and Subtitles
- change the values format
Hovering over your dashboard items will also allow you to either Delete or Clone them. The cloned item is added at the very bottom of the dashboard. Once you have made your changes and Run the Analysis you have two options when saving your changes to the underlying Connected Metric. You can:
- update the Saved Metric which will impact all other dashboards that use the same Saved Metric.
- only update the widget on the dashboard you are editing which will permanently disconnects the widget from the original saved query. Any changes you apply to the saved query in the future will not be reflected on this specific dashboard chart
Dashboard theming allows you to customize the look and feel of your dashboards, making it easy to create dashboards that are understandable and consistent with your brand.
Whether you’re running business reviews with key clients, displaying dashboards on a TV in the office, or embedding metrics for a strategic partner, you can provide a cohesive user experience for all dashboards shared or embedded outside of Chargify.
Dashboard Theming is available in Dashboard Edit mode. Simply, click on the top, right button labeled ‘Theming’. All settings will apply to the dashboard you are editing.
There are three main tabs in the Theming modal, General, Chart Elements, and Visualization Types.
The General tab allows you to select the overall data color palette to apply to your dashboard. Here, you are also able to set the background color, fonts, and space between your chart elements. The three sections are:
- Data Color Palette
- Dashboard Page
- Widget Tiles
On the Chart Elements tab you can set the text font, color, and size for your chart titles, subtitles, legends, labels, grids, X- and Y-Axis, as well as tooltips. Available settings will depend on the chart type. Chart Elements like Legend etc. can also be hidden. The following elements’ appearance can be edited:
- Y Axis
- X Axis
Each of the Visualization Types(e.g. Tables, Lines, etc.) have their own individual theming settings. Thickness of lines, fonts and styles, as well as individual item colors can be set. The following visualization types can be customized:
- Line & Aera
- Pie & Donut
There are two ways that you can share a dashboard outside the Chargify application:
- Public URL: Making a dashboard public and sharing it will mean that anyone accessing it will be able to view the data and filter it via any added Filters or Date Pickers. The data is read only.
- Embed HTML: The second way to share public dashboards is by using the code snippet. For added security we recommend embedding this on web pages that have to be accessed with login credentials.
There are two ways that you can export data from Chargify:
- Extraction: The Extraction analysis type exports the raw data from the selected data source as a CSV. You can select the specific properties to export and apply filters to reduce the number of rows.
- Download Metric Result: The result of a Metric can be downloaded as a CSV, an Image, or JSON. This is the computed result and not the raw data. For raw data, you can run an Extraction.